Elizabeth Havelock Grant
The Elizabeth Havelock Grant in the Arts
One grant is presented to foster and support the artistic excellence of the mid-career artist in any artistic discipline.
In 2012, the Havelock family created this grant to celebrate the life and work of Windsor arts advocate and WEA supporter Elizabeth Havelock (1947-2008).
The successful applicant must be a mid-career artist who meets the following criteria:
- Currently lives, or has lived, in Windsor and Essex County for a significant period of time;
- Has sustained an artistic practice that spans seven to 15 years;
- Can show evidence of a strong body of professional, publically-recognized work, demonstrated through a history of public performances, public exhibitions and/or publication; and
- Demonstrates commitment to artistic development through education, mentorship, and other types of involvement in the arts community.
Individuals that meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply.
Grants Selection Process
All grants are awarded by a jury. The decisions of this jury are final.
All jurors are individuals recognized for the knowledge, skill, and expertise they bring to their fields. The Board of Directors of Windsor Endowment for the Arts is responsible for their selection. The identity of the jurors will be made public at the Awards and Grants Ceremony.
Conflicts Of Interest
Members of the jury are expected to be objective and impartial. This includes avoiding the following conflicts of interest:
- The juror has a financial interest in the success or failure of the organization or project;
- The juror has an interest based on the fact that an applicant is a spouse, partner or a member of his/her immediate family;
- The juror has a personal interest in specific nominations other than those normally expected of an interested member of the arts community;
- Impediments exist that impede the juror’s ability to evaluate the nomination objectively.
Personal information submitted by the applicants and discussions pertaining to the applicants’ submissions are held in strict confidentiality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view the frequently asked questions on the PDF by the link below