Call for Art Grant Applications & Award Nomination Submissions
Monday, January 6 to Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Apply online here on our website in the Grants or Award pages
Call for art grant applications and Art Leadership Award nomination submissions. Deadline to submit is midnight of Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
WEA Art Leadership Awards and Art Grants
In 2020 WEA will distribute 11 cash grants and present 4 honorary awards supporting arts and culture in Windsor-Essex.
- The Awards are presented to individuals and businesses who have enriched our community through significant and innovative contributions.
- Emerging Artists Grants valued at $3,000 support professional advancement.
- Art Infrastructure Grants valued at $3,000 encourage the development of local art.
- The Elizabeth Havelock Grant valued at $2,000 is for a mid-career artist.
- The Morris and Beverly Baker Foundation Youth Grant in the Arts valued at $2,000 is presented to a high school student seeking post secondary education in the arts.
- The Eric Jackman Youth Grant in the Arts valued at $1,000 provides funding and related work experience to a third or fourth-year high school student who wishes to pursue a career in the Arts.
Windsor Mayor’s Arts Awards
The Windsor Mayor’s Arts Awards celebrate the individuals and organizations that develop and promote the “Soul of our City” by recognizing those who support locally developed arts.
Artist – presented to an individual artist engaged in a broad spectrum of activities having to so with creating, practicing or demonstrating art.
Arts Organization – presented to an arts organization that demonstrates a clear commitment to creating, practicing and demonstrating art within the community.
Volunteer – presented to an individual who supports the arts by providing their own time and services without receiving payment for their volunteer work.
For details on the 2020 Windsor Mayor’s Arts Awards application process visit https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/Culture/Pages/Mayor-Arts-Awards.aspx